Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Miscellaneous Video Game Discussions (Read 1395 times)
Lowball_Norm
Hall of Famer

Three Worlds, One Cup

Miscellaneous Video Game Discussions
Jun 11th, 2018 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
E3 brought a bunch of news:

FALLOUT 76:  A new Fallout game where I get to be constantly sniped in the head by 12 year olds calling me the N-word and hack-heavy Chinese gold farmers??!!?!?  I'll pass.  Get it together, Bethesda.

CYBERPUNK 2077:  This could be a great RPG, if it ever comes out.  Of course, it could be terrible. No one knows.  It's been languishing away in perpetual development for ages.  I'm getting worried.

ANTHEM:  The next big BioWare property, and I couldn't care in the slightest.  It looks like the blandest sci-fi RPG ever.  Well okay - it's probably not as dull as Mass Effect: Andromeda, but you get the idea.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2:  I'm weird about RDR.  I really liked the first game, but got about maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through and kinda got bored.  There's only so many wolves you can skin and horses you can race before you just stop caring.  The story was good enough to not be bad, but not good enough to really drive me to push through the grindy parts.  As such, I may not even bother getting RDR2.

OTHER SEQUELS TO GAMES I DON'T PLAY OR CARE ABOUT:  Battlefield!  Forza!  Tomb Raider!  Gears of War!  Halo!  Kingdom Hearts!  Black Ops! ... I don't care.

BATTLE ROYALE MODE:  Every game on earth gets a Battle Royale mode, because PubG made a fortune and Fortnite made an even bigger fortune copy/pasting their concept.  I can't express to you how much I hate Battle Royale mode.

MOBILE GAMES:  No one is excited about games you play while twooping.  If you are, get off your damned phone.  Look, I play a bunch of these but its not because I enjoy them - it's because I have long commutes on packed trains every day.  Hyping a crappy generic mobile game at E3 is 100% for the investors, not the fans.

&&O L D     S C H O O L

Kirk [Krunch]
All-Star

Number one has been

Re: Miscellaneous Video Game Discussions
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
RDR was a great game. I agree if you do too much off the main path stuff it gets repetitive. So don't.

I think the hidden caches where you are given a vague picture/map was one of my favorite video game experiences.

Most adventure/rpg games now are GIANT SKYLIGHT BEACON GO HERE PRESS A.

Sometimes I forget I have an xboxONE as NHL18 is yet another disappointment (teammate AI is still horrendous). It would be nice to have a fun game to play.

What games are people enjoying on their XBONES?

IP Logged

Lowball_Norm
Hall of Famer

Three Worlds, One Cup

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I don't play console anymore.  My Xbox 360 lies gathering dust in the spare room.  I don't even know if it still works - I  haven't used in in like 3 years.

I forgot about the hidden caches in RDR - have to give it props for that.  Forced you to explore and actually LOOK at your surroundings.

&&O L D     S C H O O L

Michael [Monarchs]

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
I've been playing Far Cry 5 on the Xbox lately, but it got repetitive pretty quickly and I haven't played in a few weeks.

I just want a long RPG with a good storyline. I don't want any of this online BS. Problem is there haven't been many of those recently. Games are ditching good single player stories for the online PvP experience which I have zero interest in. But if anyone has any good recommendations for a solid PRG I'm all ears (and it can be on either PS4 or XboxOne).

Twitter  
IP Logged

Lowball_Norm
Hall of Famer

Three Worlds, One Cup

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Michael [Monarchs] wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
I just want a long RPG with a good storyline. I don't want any of this online BS. Problem is there haven't been many of those recently. Games are ditching good single player stories for the online PvP experience which I have zero interest in. But if anyone has any good recommendations for a solid PRG I'm all ears (and it can be on either PS4 or XboxOne).

My fave RPGs (with good stories) of all time are (in no particular order):

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 2
Skyrim

I might also include Witcher 3 and Divinity 2, but I haven't finished either of them yet.  For as far as I got in them, they've both been excellent.  The Fable series was ok too - they're kind of on the honourable mentions list.

I have no clue if all of those are on console.  If not, buy a desktop.

&&O L D     S C H O O L

Henry_Gladiators

I wish I was the Hamburg
Hamburglars

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:38am
Print Post  
You've started a video game discussion thread?

Norm, what have you done.

What do you boys want first, e3 impressions or my top RPGs?

The sim broke me down, but didn't build me back up.

IP Logged

Lowball_Norm
Hall of Famer

Three Worlds, One Cup

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
E3, then RPG.  Then MMORPG.

&&O L D     S C H O O L

Michael [Monarchs]

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Lowball_Norm wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:21pm:
Michael [Monarchs] wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:59pm:

My fave RPGs (with good stories) of all time are (in no particular order):

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 2
Skyrim

I might also include Witcher 3 and Divinity 2, but I haven't finished either of them yet.  For as far as I got in them, they've both been excellent.  The Fable series was ok too - they're kind of on the honourable mentions list.

I have no clue if all of those are on console.  If not, buy a desktop.

I'm shocked, shocked I say. How can you have Skyrim on this list and not Morrowind!?

I have never played any of the Fallout or Mass Effect games, perhaps I should give these a shot.

Twitter  
IP Logged

Kirk [Krunch]
All-Star

Number one has been

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Henry_Gladiators wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:38am:
You've started a video game discussion thread?

Norm, what have you done.

What do you boys want first, e3 impressions or my top RPGs?

A list of best XBONE games

IP Logged

Colonials GM

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Can Fallout 76 be an invite only game or just whoever joins in? Not sure how these online games work, but the trailer and concept of this game looks cool.

IP Logged

Ryan [Shamrocks]

Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
I have become one of those followers (idiots) that have become hooked on Fortnite. I have no skill, but have managed to survive without doing much.

Prior to that I played  Fallout 4 and Call of Duty WWII. If not playing those games usually play any sports related game, NHL17, FIFA17 and MLB 2k17. (Why bother picking up an updated version)

IP Logged

Lowball_Norm
Hall of Famer

Three Worlds, One Cup

Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Michael [Monarchs] wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:03am:
I'm shocked, shocked I say. How can you have Skyrim on this list and not Morrowind!?

I only picked Skyrim over Morrowind because it is clearly superior in every way.  Other than that, Morrowind is fine.

Colonials GM wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
Can Fallout 76 be an invite only game or just whoever joins in? Not sure how these online games work, but the trailer and concept of this game looks cool.

I believe you can invite friends, but this probably just means you'll be on a server where 7-8 guys start from the jump as the "xxxBest Bros N00b-Slayer Guildxxx" and proceed to ruin life for everyone else on that server.  Can you tell how much I hate PvP?

Ryan [Shamrocks] wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
I have become one of those followers (idiots) that have become hooked on Fortnite. I have no skill, but have managed to survive without doing much.

I tried, but I am just so bad at it.  My son is a natural, but my mid-40 reflexes can only go so fast.  Usually Fortnite for me is just wandering aimlessly for 10 minutes and then being killed by the first person who spots me.  If someone builds as soon as they spot me, I know I'm dead.  My only kills come from getting the drop on equally hapless players.  That game needs free-to-play PvE.

Let's Twitch stream SICHL GMs failing miserably at Fortnite!  Maybe that can be the next big thing here - SICHL GMs play video games while they discuss the league and hockey and whatever and we edit it down into 15 minute videos.

&&O L D     S C H O O L

Kirk [Krunch]
All-Star

Number one has been

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Ryan [Shamrocks] wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm:

Prior to that I played  Fallout 4 and Call of Duty WWII. If not playing those games usually play any sports related game, NHL17, FIFA17 and MLB 2k17. (Why bother picking up an updated version)

I have been picking up the even versions of NHL recently (16,18) but I don't know that I'll get a new version again. They just keep adding flashy marketable features instead of fixing the actual problems with playing the game. Cry

IP Logged

Henry_Gladiators

I wish I was the Hamburg
Hamburglars

Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
I've played about 8 hours of PUBG, not a second of Fortnite. Norm, I'd be down for Twitching "SICHL tries Fornite". Could be hilarious. I'm in, you?

The sim broke me down, but didn't build me back up.

IP Logged

Lowball_Norm
Hall of Famer

Three Worlds, One Cup

Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Henry_Gladiators wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:26pm:
I've played about 8 hours of PUBG, not a second of Fortnite. Norm, I'd be down for Twitching "SICHL tries Fornite". Could be hilarious. I'm in, you?

I'm in.  Fortnite is basically exactly like PUBG, only you also have to build things on the fly and everything looks like a bad cartoon from the early 2000s.

&&O L D     S C H O O L

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top