Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Expansion Rules (Read 1063 times)
Jeff [Revolution]
All-Star

A revolution is not a
bed of roses. -Fidel
Castro

Re: Expansion Rules
Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Protect no, but in my case Hellebuyck is ineligible and Rinne would be protected so in that case I can keep my tandem in tact correct?

I am understanding this to be not protecting two goaltenders but one is exempt. I really hope that is the correct interpretation.  Undecided

Question Part 2: Can I expose a forward, dman or goalie who meets the criteria but would have otherwise been exempt. Aka Do I have a choice to override the exemption?

The rules say "2.4.1.3 Player Exemptions
Players who meet the following criteria are ineligible for selection in the Expansion Draft and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits:"

It doesn't say that I can't chose to expose them and have them count towards the minimum expose requirements.

¡Viva La Revolucion!

IP Logged

Slammers
All-Star

Slamming it home since

Reply #16 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
1. Yes you can protect Rinne and Hellebuyck is covered under exemption. as to my understanding.

2. No you can't choose to expose an exempt player ineligible means ineligible. I asked Mark that before about the waiver draft I think. You can always try to make a deal with the incoming GM to trade for whoever you want to expose, but can't.

IP Logged

Jeff [Revolution]
All-Star

A revolution is not a
bed of roses. -Fidel
Castro

Reply #17 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
1. Excellent!!

2. That’s what I thought too.....but had to take a stab at it haha

¡Viva La Revolucion!

IP Logged

Mark [Express]
All-Star

Here they come - your
Fredericton EXPRESS !!

Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
As long as you meet the minimum exposure requirements, you're fine.  i.e. you must have another goalie available that meets the requirements in the rules, otherwise you cannot protect Rinne. Exposure requirements trump your protections. You *must* expose a minimum number of players, then after that, you *may* protect up to a certain number.  I hope that is clear.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top