Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Huskies Report (Read 2009 times)
Don the Huskies

Huskies Report
Dec 2nd, 2005 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Huskies Report:

After a up and down preseason the Huskies entered the up comming season with high hopes. Boom ,  the powerful Dragons spanked them 4-1 in thier own barn in game one. Wammo , the Boston Hitman , oops sorry , the new powerful Winnepeg Jets hammered them 7-1 in Winterpeg.
After a 3-2-5 preseason , the Huskies were hopeful that thier big spending , 55 , million plus payrole , would payoff. "We will see how it goes tonight against Cleveland , I think this is a team that will go in spurts." said GM Donny Morrison. "The triple S line of Samsonov , St.Louis and Sullivan has to play better. The first line of Guerin , LeClair and Morrison , sould produce this year. Our checking line has Hartnell , with rookie Matthew Lombardi and Williams. I think Oleg Saprykin and Dean McAmmond will also see time on the third line and penalty killing." noted Morrison
  On defense Scott Niedermayer is expected to carry the load , an 11 million dollar one at that."We like our size on the blueline. Bergevin , Cross , Lukowich , Hedican ,Gill and Vandermeer will not shy away from the tough going. Gill is 6''7 and Crosser is 6'5 , so it gives us some reach." said Gm Morrison.
  In goal , it is Chris Osgood again for this year. Backing up Chris is J.S. Aubin and Mathieu Garon. Expect Mr Osgood to carry most of the load in net.
  The waiver wire produced a couple of project players in one time big gun , Geoff Sanderson and "playme" any were Mathieu Dandenault. "These two are super fast. They both are on the come back trail and baring any trades , should spend this year on the farm. Of coarse a couple more games like the one we just played in Winnipeg and who knows , they may be on the first line." Morrison warned. " We will give it 40 games and see were we stand. We may make some moves , either adding or subtracting , depending on the feel of the season." "Starting against Winnpeg and Montreal is tough , they are the cream of the S.I.C.H.L.. The powerplay of the Jets is one of the best I think I have seen in many a year. Richards , Elais Jagr , Zubov and Berard on the first set. The second unit has Joe Thornton , Doan , Bergeron with Zidlicky and Berard on defense.That is a solid two sets." admired GM Morrison.
Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

don the Huskies

Re: Huskies Report
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 3:47am
Print Post  
??? ??? ??? Embarrassed Cry Cry
Has any SICHL team ever been outscored 16-2 in two games?
Bring your trade offers..........

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top